GSQMRC Racing Rules 2016
Race Day Schedule
· Sign-ins will be 8:30 to 9:30 A.M.
· Fees are $20 per car for GSQMRC members & $25 for non-Members.
· Fees for Trophy Races will be $25 per car for GSQMRC Members & $30 for non-Members.
· Fees for special events will be higher and posted on the GSQMRC website.
· Handlers meeting at 10:00 A.M.
· Racing to begin at 10:30 A.M.
· QMA running order will be run every week. Uless changes are needed due to driver changes or transfer races.
· Novice classes will always be the first out every week.
· Heats will be determined by Pill Pick at Sign Ins.
· Lower mains, including transfers will be straight up.
· Cars transferring directly to the A Mains will be inverted or straight up - determined by flip of coin; transfers will fall in straight up. If more than one heat is run for a class, pill draw will decide inside or outside per position.
· There will be approximately 20 scheduled points races.
· The best 10 races (heat/qualifying and best main finish) will determine winners.
Heat/qualifying points – 1st = 40, 2nd = 38, 3rd = 37, 4th = 36, 5th = 35, etc.
Mains points – 1st = 60, 2nd = 58, 3rd = 57, 4th = 56, 5th = 55, etc.
· In the event of a tie, the tie breaker will be most A main wins (then most A Main 2nd place finishes, etc.)
· Driver must run at least 4 points races to be eligible for points in that class.
· At least 3 cars in a race to be eligible for points.
· There must be at least 4 points races with at least 3 cars for class to be eligible as a points series.
. A driver cannot receive awards in a jr. and sr. division. Highest finishing position will determine class award is given in.
Trophy Race Rules
· Qualifying order will be determined by pill pick at sign ins.
· There will be practice on Sunday morning for Trophy Race classes only.
. Top 5 in timing will be inverted for A-Mains. Lower mainsand transfers will be straight up.
· Trophy Races will consist of qualifying, lower mains and A Mains.
· Trophy Races will have a 5 lap work rule. Laps will start once flagger has cars lined up.
· In the event of possible rain, Race Director will make decision to run transfer races back to back to complete Trophy Race.
· All fast times and trophy race cars to be teched as per Race Director and/or Tech Directors decision.
· If a trophy race is rained out for any reason, all attempts will be made to make up race before the season ends. Re-schedule to be determined by the race Director and BoD.
. Distances Junior: A Mains = 30 laps, Lower Mains = 25 laps
Senior: A Mains = 40 laps, Lower Mains = 35 laps
1. All cars are subject to safety and technical inspection.
2. Late sign-ins will be lined up at the end of the class.
3. In the event of rain, any class completing it’s A main will be awarded points.
4. Classes that do not complete the A mains will not be awarded points. Races will not be made up.
GSQMRC Racing Rules 2016
5. Laps will be as follows:
Jr. Classes: Heats - 15 laps Lower Mains - 20 A Mains - 25 Trophy - 30 laps
Sr. Classes: Heats - 20 laps Lower Mains - 25 A Mains - 30 Trophy - 40 laps
**Laps subject to change per decision of Race Director.
6. X car rule will be used weekly.
7. Any engine/chassis changes between heats/timing and features will cause driver to start at the rear of the lowest main.
8. All Mains will run a five-lap work rule per yellow. Heats will run a 3-Lap work rule per yellow. Laps will start once flagger has cars lined up. Race Director will determine rule for special races (GS Classic, Jay Butler, etc).
9. Delay of Race penalty - If the race director, flagger or judges observe/determine that a car on the track is assisting another car in the pits, the driver will be sent to the rear for the start. Assisting another car will be defined as stopping their car, falling out of
line or some other action to delay the race. This will not be a charged yellow.
10. Upon completion of heats, a short intermission will take place. Race Director to determine length as needed.
11. Judging - If any person designated to judge, does not fulfill his/her responsibility, their driver will start at the rear of their next race.
12. Random classes to be teched each week. Race Director and Tech Director to determine classes and cars to be teched. All classes will be subject to the possibility of being teched every week.
13. Attendance at GSQMRC events is not a right, it is a privilege. We operate under the jurisdiction of both QMA and NJ Motor Vehicle Race Track Regulations, www.state.nj.us/lps/njsp/info/pdf/racing_regulations.pdf
a. Any inappropriate conduct, harassment or abuse directed towards members, officials, parents, drivers, spectators, or volunteers will not be tolerated; including but not limited to abusive language or motions.
b. You will be warned once, if you behavior continues you will be asked to leave the immediate racing area, possibly the facility.
c. There will be ZERO tolerance.
d. This applies to all those in attendance, members, drivers, family members and spectators.
14. There will be no practice on Sundays except for trophy classes.
15. No race will start unless Judges and Tower are in place.
16. No kids in staging area with the exception of drivers for the next two races.
17. Wristbands must be worn in the pits.
18. Time limit.
a. If time runs out under green OR yellow, there will be one re-start with current amount of laps remaining, the next yellow or checkered flag will end the race.
19. Two handlers per car in the hot chute. Handlers must wear vests.
20. Everyone in the hot chute and around the track must wear safety vests (Handlers, Corner Workers, Race Director, Flagger, Pit Stewart, etc.).
21. Subject to change.